Well the food in Spain was not the greatest in my opinion. Apparently some people disagree with me because when I was at the doctor's office I picked up a newsweek and they had labeled Spain as the country with the best food! I guess I just don't have much of a taste for seafood, and that was most what they had for specialties.
My favorite food was Gazpacho. It is a pretty simple soup served cold. It mostly consists of tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers ground up into liquid and served with bread. It was excellent for a warm day.
Main meals usually consisted of a HUGE slab of meat. I had some good veal, but most of the beef was chewy and gross. We also had some amazing pork at our favorite Salamanca restaurant which also had the BEST green olives EVER!
Big slab of meat:
Best pork at our awesome Salamanca restaurant:

My other favorite was Catalan soup. This was a garlicky, oniony soup filled with bread. It was delicious:
I also loved the stuffed peppers. I got them everywhere I went, but somehow I never got a picture of them, oh well.
Stay tuned for next weeks last Spain Sunday post!
No comments:
Post a Comment