Sorry that I am being a horrible blogger while in Spain, I will try to be better. It looks like you will all have to wait for pictures, unless I can figure out how to transfer some of my friends pictures from facebook to here!
This past weekend I took a trek with my roommates to San Sebastian. It is a coastal town in the north of Spain really close to France. The goal for the weekend was sun and beach, and then more sun and beach! However, when we got there on Friday night it was raining :( Despite the rain (it was more like a light drizzle) we decided to walk over to a free concert on the port that someone from our hostel told us about. It was amazing! The traditional language in San Sebastion, along with much of the north of Spain and the South of France is Bosque. I had never heard of this languge before so it was amazing to see it written all over the street signs. The concert was of traditional Bosque music. It sounds alot like Irish jig music. It was amazing because every song they played seemed to have a dance to it and all of the locals would start dancing along. It was pretty basic jig type steps, so after watching a couple of times we started dancing along, it was so fun!
The next day it was still raining so we did what one always should do when it is raining, we went shopping! We found some good stuff but eventually we grew tired of this so we decided to take a hike in the rain. They have a statute of Jesus up on a mountain that is overlooking San Sebastian and the Ocean. It was a long and treaterous (maybe I am exaggerating about that) hike, but eventally we found Jesus :) It was a fun way to spend the afternoon. At night we went to this tiny, packed, local mussel restarant. We were packed in like sardines and after you finally get a chance to order they just give you your order on the bar and you eat it and leave, no seating required! I LOVED the mussels, which means they must have been pretty good because I usually don´t like seafood. After we went around eating some more tapas (I finally found good food in Spain, these tapas were amazing!!!) we decided to call it an early night because Anne and I´s allergies were flaring up.
The next day it was beautiful and sunny, so we spent the day lounging at the beach.
It was a great way to spend my first weekend in Spain!
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay, so as soon as I opened your blog, it started playing Spanish music. I was thinking it was surprising that you hadn't figured out how to put pictures up, but you had figured out background music! Then I figured out it was the video from a few posts down playing. A very cool background to hear about your adventures though!
ReplyDelete