Although I had good food in San Sebastian, I had yet to find any in Salamanca and it was making me sad. There is this girl named Jessica that I met here, she is from Colorado. Jessica, like myself, was in great need of some good food. Altough they were a bit more expensive, we decided to start going to some of the restarants that are in our traveling books to see if they were any good.
First we tried a place called Bambu. It was amazing. We got stuffed peppers and a salad and some calamari. It was so delicious! I was so happy to finally have a good meal.
Next we tried a place that I cannot remember the name of. Jessica's book stated that it was a favorite of the locals so we figured that was a good sign. The food was, yet again, amazing! So amazing that I made a reservation for Chris and I to eat their on Saturday night when he arrives.
After that some of our classmates found a little cafe close to school that sells churros and chocolate. They put the churros on the side and then give you a thick hot chocolate to dip them in. They were awesome.
We also found a convent of nuns that sell sweets. I will be bringing some boxes back home for everyone, the sweets are that good.
I think we have been successful in finding good food, but as always, the search continues . . .
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment