On my first night here I got to watch Spain win the world cup at the plaza mayor. It was amazing, people went crazy when they scored and I got it on video! I will post it when I can.
My typical day so far starts with school from 9-1. Then I go home to do some homework. Once my homework is done I haul myself to the pool (they have many beautiful public pools) to take my siesta in the sun. There is no air conditioning so it is cooler to be at the pool. If I am not at the pool then I am walking around the city, taking in the sites. At 7 I have cultural class at school. After class some friends and I go to find a good place for dinner. After dinner we walk around until we get tired.I have met so many people from around the world, which is very fun! Most people know English, but we try and practice our Spanish as much as we can. In my class I have two people from Australia, one from Holland, and one from Turkey. Class is hard but very informative. The teachers refuse to speak English and so it makes for an interesting time when they are trying to tell us what a word means, we are learning though!
The weather here is amazing! In the morning it is cool at about 65 degrees. Once the sun comes up it can get up to 100 degrees, I love it!
This weekend I am going to San Sebastian with my flat mates. We plan on sitting at the beach and eating all of the local seafood, it should be amazing. It will also be my first time staying in a hostel, so wish me luck!
I still haven't figured out how to put my pictures on the school computers, but if I do I will surely post some.
I hope everyone is doing well back in the states. I will post when I can, unless the pool is calling my name :)
No comments:
Post a Comment