Saturday, March 12, 2011

School Update

Well since this blog is titled "lawschoolcraziness" I suppose I should write about school every so often.

This semester has been pretty uneventful, but incredibly busy.

I am really enjoying my time out of school at the public defender's office and at my externship. It is nice to see the law at work outside of the classroom and to be a part of it.

The public defender's office has been such an amazing learning experience. I get to meet with clients, negotiate with prosecutors, and be on the record in front of judges. I really enjoy this side of the law (as compared to the reading and writing side) because it is more hands on and moves quickly. Although I have made my fair share of mistakes, I am learning more and more everyday and I think I'm getting better at this stuff!

My externship has allowed me so many opportunities as well. These are less hands on and more observational, but I am getting the opportunity to meet a lot of amazing people and the chance to see what behind the scenes of a courtroom looks like. It definitely has secured my goal that I want to become a judge some day. It seems like such an amazing and challenging job and I can't wait to have it :)

Researching for Professor Hilbert has been awesome as well. He has me on some really interesting projects that involve civil rights and they are my favorite things to work on.

I'll have to write about my classes later, as I have run out of time for blogging for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment