Monday, August 23, 2010

Boot Revamp

Last spring before finals, Jill and I decided to take a shopping trip. I was on the lookout for new boots because my brown and tan boots were both needing to be retired. You see, boots are a staple to my fall/winter/spring wardrobe. Actually boots are more than that to me, boots are the one cold weather item that I actually like, so having cute ones to pair with cold winter outfits gets me through our horrible MN seasons until summer comes.

While we were checking out the DSW clearance area I found these guys:











Very cute, but clearly in the clearance area for a reason, the buttons were all broken, if they were even there. I was about to put them back when Jill reminded me that it was very easy to find buttons and sew them on, and since they were so cheap it would be worth doing a little work for some cute boots. So I bought them.

Later, Jill and I took a trip to JoAnne Fabric and found these super cute buttons:









They have little pressed flowers in them, I love them! Yesterday I finally got around to sewing the buttons on (after being inspired by my newest DSW boot purchase to fill the "tan" hole in my collection). It was a lot of work, but I love the way they turned out. Here they are when I want to wear them tall:










Now if I fold them down to wear them short they have a little surprise inside:











I want a cold day so I can break out my new boots :)

3 comments:

  1. So cute Laura!! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! Very nice job. Can't wait to see their debut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..very cute! Maybe I wish I could find some boots with broken buttons:)

    ReplyDelete