Saturday, April 17, 2010

Recap on the week of events

I feel like a lot got accomplished this week in my world of law school.

First . . . I handed in my LAST paper of 1L year. This was very exciting!

Second . . . I attended a tea party in honor of all of the past and present women in William Mitchell History, it was inspiring!

Third . . . I attended my first "networking event" that I actually enjoyed. At the scholarship celebration this week I was seated at a table with two of the current higher-ups at Leonard, Street. One of their wives happens to be a Federal Court Judge that I really connected with. She made me promise to schedule a day to come and shadow her at the court house, I will definitely be doing that! I also received my first fancy pen in a box!

Fourth . . . I survived registration (see previous post) and will now be taking some really interesting classes next year.

Fifth . . . I was informed that I was accepted for two on campus jobs for next semester. One is as a research assistant in the library, and the other is as a Lexis-Nexis Student Representative. Both together will only be about 10 hours a week, which should be perfect!

That's a pretty accomplished week! Now onto the final week of classes (yay) and then finals.


2 comments:

  1. Very accomplished!

    Excited to be a part of the Lexis team with you - it will be a good time.

    Oh, and as far as how frequently I post on my blog - I cheat. A little. When I have a spare hour, I write two or three posts and schedule them to post whenever I want. :) Efficient, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog post! :) I'm so happy that I've inspired you and I can't wait to see what goodies you come up with!

    ReplyDelete