Friday, October 2, 2009

And fall reared it's UGLY head!

Not that I think the fall season is ugly in and of itself, just a lot of the things it brings are ugly. Such as cold weather, cold house, cold rain, cold car in the morning, cold dog that doesn't want to go outside, cold hands, and layers of clothing . . . all of which I find very ugly:)

Lets just say that the weather had a grand effect on my mood this week. I had my first minor breakdown on Monday (the first cold day of fall, coincidence? I think not!) I just felt overwhelmed with reading and studying for my first practice exam, and anxious about receiving my first graded paper back the next day. Then I woke up the next morning refreshed (albeit still crabby of the weather) and no longer stressed.

First paper was a success in my opinion. I got above the average, hooray! I probably won't ever post my actual grades, because this blog is public and we have this unsaid, and sometimes said rule in our little friend group that we don't ask and we don't tell. It saves the drama, and the people feeling bad cause they didn't do as well as you, or did better than you. The practice test went pretty well. I got in all of the issues that he said we should. However, it left me feeling a little bit unsure about the exams. How much detail do I need, should I focus on less issues and more detail, or more issues and less detail? Our professor didn't really give us a definite answer, but I plan on having him read my response to tell me what he thinks i need to improve on, so that should make it better!

Now with the week behind me I wanted to do a quick note on my wonderful friends and how much they made me laugh this week (and every other week for that matter). I will try to explain what was going on in the following situations, but I'm mostly putting them down so I look back to them one day, and laugh hysterically again:)

#1Lunch and Neil:
There is this librarian at school named neil. And he is not your typical sweet helpful librarian. Not only is he really into is job, but he is also really intense. On our library tour he spent 10 minutes telling us how we should never call the bottom level of the library the "basement" it is not a "basement", it is a "lower level". And you really cannot enter the library when Neil is there without hearing "shhhh". So we were talking about Neil at lunch, and Geri, the appointed Jester in our group, thought (kiddingly) what if "shhh" was just a speech impediment that Neil had, and that he really couldn't help but say "shhh" all the time. She then began listing off the things he would be doing all the while saying "shhh" let's just say it turned into belly laughing by all of us, and the entire lunch room looking at us like we were crazy (not the first time)

#2 Fee Simple me your husband
In property we are learning about how one inherits land. If property is the type that is inheritable forever, it is called a "fee simple". I find the term simple ridiculous because it makes no sense, why not just call it "inheritable land". So fee simple was topic of many of our "this is so stupid" conversations this week. Well one day we were talking about our husbands/significant others, and I was saying how great Chris is at cooking and taking care of the house, and taking care of me:) The Rachel states, "I want a fee simple on your husband when you die." hehe, safe to say belly laughing and staring commenced again:)

I know it is probably not funny to most, but it just goes to show how great (and crazy) friends can really make your week. Next week we are all having dinner at Jill's house and bringing along our significant others so they can meet. It should be a good time and hopefully we can get some good pictures so I can "introduce" everyone to you!

Well that is all for my crazy ramblings. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment